2016 Training Courses
- The Digitisation of the Film Collection #3 at Sinematek Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia, from 12 to 14 March 2016 [en]
- Ein Beitrag zur Identifizierung von Schmalfilmen. Gängige, exotische und kuriose Bild- und Tonverfahren on 27 April 2016 [de]
- Mastering AV Files with FFmpeg at BAVC in San Francisco, California, United States of America, on 1 June 2016 [en]
- “Archives in Motion” Workshops in Tirana, Albania, from 17 to 28 October 2016 [en]
- Playing with FFmpeg’s CLI at Workshop “DigiPres102: Programming Basics and Preservation Tools” at the AMIA Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America, from 9 to 12 November 2016 [en]
- Let’s emulate the sound of colours!, keynote speech at “Sustainable Audiovisual Collections Through Collaboration”, Joint Technical Symposium (JTS) in Singapore from 7 to 9 March 2016 [en]
- Kieran O’Leary (Irish Film Archive) and Reto Kromer: FFV1 […] DPX at “No Time to Wait! Standardizing FFV1 and Matroska for Preservation” in Berlin, Germany, from 18 to 20 July 2016 [en]
- Kieran O’Leary (Irish Film Archive) and Reto Kromer: Using Матрёшка and FFV1 for DPX Preservation at “The Reel Thing XXXVIII” in Hollywood, California, United States of America, from 18 to 20 August 2016 [en]
- Sustainable and renewable vault designs, Panel “Adapt/Survive: Outside the Box. Energy & Conservation Policies, Practices and Methods” at the AMIA Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America, from 9 to 12 November 2016 [en]
- MKV/FFV1, ein Archivformat für Video und Film? for Kompetenznetzwerk Video of Memoriav in Bern on 22 November 2016 [de]
We were pleased to welcome six colleagues and scholars, and one student.
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
- AMIA, the Association of Moving Image Archivists
- FIAF, the International Federation of Film Archives
- SEAPAVAA, the SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archive Association
- Supported the Albanian Cinema Project (ACP), especially the “Archives in Motion” workshop (AIM).
- Implementation of RGB 16-bit handling in FFV1 for both the planar “gbrp16le” and the packed “rgb48” storage patterns by Michael Niedermayer.
- Travel grant for Peter Bubestinger-Steindl, presenter at the Joint Technical Symposium in Singapore.