AV Preservation by reto.ch
If it’s not awesome, we don’t do it.
A stencil-coloured print of
Création de la Serpentine by Segundo de Chomón,
Pathé Frères, France 1908
(Courtesy by Österreichisches Filmmuseum, the Austrian Film Museum)
Please note that:
– We are open also during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
– As we telework as much as possible, the easiest way to reach us is by email.
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation, offering Swiss quality at a competitive price. We have a particular commitment to the dissemination of audio-visual conservation and restoration techniques, and we support open-source projects which we believe are beneficial for the archival community. We are actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies. We are running the Swiss Film and Video Directory.
Our Services Include
- film digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- moving image restoration
- audio-visual files and data transformation
- data migration with file format maintenance
- digital archiving service
- consultancy, training and research on audio-visual preservation issues
- Weiterführender FFmpeg-Workshop: Audiovisuellen Dateien analysieren und bearbeiten, on 20 May 2021 [de]
- Atelier FFmpeg avancé: Analyser et transformer des fichiers audiovisuels, on 21 May 2021 [fr]
- Open-Source Tools and Resources for Audio-Visual Archives, on 1-4 and 9-11 June 2021 at Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola in Donostia (San Sebastián), Spain [en]
- Lessons Learned from Thirty Years of IT Emulation, TBA [en]
- TBA, “Digital Archives. Data Literacy and Presentation Strategies in Audiovisual Archives” at Filmuniversität Babelsberg Konrad Wolf, Germany, on 6-10 September 2021 [en]
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
- AMIA, the Association of Moving Image Archivists
- FIAF, the International Federation of Film Archives
- IASA, the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
- SEAPAVAA, the SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archive Association
- No Time to Wait 5 at the Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid in Hilversum, Netherlands, on 8-10 December 2021