AV Preservation by reto.ch
If it’s not awesome, we don’t do it.
A stencil-coloured print of
Création de la serpentine by Segundo de Chomón
(Pathé Frères, France 1908).
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation and offers you Swiss quality at a competitive price. We are also actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies.
Our Services Include
- moving image restoration
- film digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- audio-visual files and data transformations
- consultancy, training and research on audio-visual preservation issues
- digital archiving service
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
- AMIA, the Association of Moving Image Archivists
- ACP, the Albanian Cinema Project
- AEC Film Preservation Workshop, 19–23 June 2017, Salaya, Thailand
- SEAPAVAA, the SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archive Association
- Implementation of RGB 16-bit handling in FFV1 for both the planar
bgrp16 and the packed
rgb48 storage patterns
- FIAF, the International Federation of Film Archives
- IASA, the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
Software R&D Engineer
We are seeking to recruit an experienced software research and development engineer to join our small, highly skilled team.
- Workshop on 11–12 September 2017 at Nasjonalbiblioteket in Mo i Rana, Norway [en]
- «Film Preservation and Restoration Workshop India 2017», 7–14 October 2017 at Prasad Studios in Chennai, India [en]
- Archivierung audiovisueller Dateien, Bern, 2 November 2017 [de]
- «Préserver le cinéma sur formats réduits» at Cinémathèque des Pays de Savoie et de l’Ain on 6–7 November 2017 in Veyrier-du-Lac, France [fr]
- Bash for Archivists: Using AMIA Open Source, AMIA Conference, 29 November 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Divided States of America [en]
- «Open Source for Archivists» Workshop on 7–8 April 2018 at the Thai Film Archive in Salaya (near Bangkok), Thailand [en]