AV Preservation by reto.ch
If it’s not awesome, we don’t do it.
A stencil-coloured print of
Création de la Serpentine by Segundo de Chomón,
Pathé Frères, France 1908
(Courtesy by Österreichisches Filmmuseum, the Austrian Film Museum)
Please note that:
– We are open also during the China virus pandemic.1
– As we currently telework as much as possible, the easiest way to reach us is by email.
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation, offering Swiss quality at a competitive price. We have a particular commitment to the dissemination of audio-visual conservation and restoration techniques, and we support open-source projects which we believe are beneficial for the archival community. We are actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies. We are running the Swiss Film and Video Directory.
Our Services Include
- film digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- moving image restoration
- audio-visual files and data transformation
- data migration with file format maintenance
- digital archiving service
- consultancy, training and research on audio-visual preservation issues
- How to keep running Flash after 2020–12–31, TBA [en]
- Open-Source Tools and Resources for Audio-Visual Archives, at Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola in Donostia (San Sebastián), Spain, on 11–14 May 2021 [en]
- TBA, “Digital Archives. Data Literacy and Presentation Strategies in Audiovisual Archives” at Filmuniversität Babelsberg Konrad Wolf, Germany, on 6–10 September 2021 [en]
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
- AMIA, the Association of Moving Image Archivists
- FIAF, the International Federation of Film Archives
- IASA, the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
- SEAPAVAA, the SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archive Association
- No Time to Wait 5 at the Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid in Hilversum, Netherlands, TBA
- We have decided to change the designation from “CoViD-19” to “China virus pandemic”, because People’s Republic of China is still refusing any independent scientific investigation, lead by the World Health Organisation, on the cross-species barrier jumping. Honestly, which is China’s interest in hiding the truth about this disease?