AV Preservation by reto.ch
If it’s not awesome, we don’t do it.
A stencil-coloured print of
Création de la Serpentine by Segundo de Chomón,
Pathé Frères, France 1908
(Courtesy by Österreichisches Filmmuseum, the Austrian Film Museum)
- We are closed at יום הכיפורים (Yom Kippur), and we will be back from Tuesday the 21th of September 2021 on.
- Please note that currently we telework as much as possible, and the easiest way to reach us is by email.
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation, offering Swiss quality at a competitive price. We have a particular commitment to the dissemination of audio-visual conservation and restoration techniques, and we support open-source projects which we believe are beneficial for the archival community. We are actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies. We are running the Swiss Film and Video Directory.
Our Services Include
- film digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- moving image restoration
- files and data transformation, migration and maintenance
- digital archiving service
- consultancy, training and research on audio-visual preservation issues
- On Audio-Visual File Formats, “Biennial Audio-Visual Archival Summer School (BAVASS)”, online, hosted by FIAF, on 20 September – 1 October 2021 [en]
- On the Materiality of the Audio-Visual Heritage at the Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola in Donostia (San Sebastián), Spain, on 28 September – 1 October and 26 November 2021 [en]
- Archivage numérique en mutation, hosted by Memoriav, at Lichtspiel in Bern (in-person with webcast) on 2 November 2021 [fr]
- Digitale Archivierung im Wandel, hosted by Memoriav, at Lichtspiel in Bern (in-person with webcast) on 4 November 2021 [de]
- Digitale Archivierung von Video und Film / Archivage numérique de la vidéo et du film, MAS/CAS ALIS at Universität Bern on 12 November 2021 [de fr]
- Medienkunst: Technologie und Erhaltungsstrategien III at the Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien in Vienna, Austria, on 1–3 December 2021 [de]
- Open-Source Tools and Resources for Audio-Visual Archives at Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola in Donostia (San Sebastián), Spain, on 10–13 May 2022 [en]
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
- AMIA, the Association of Moving Image Archivists
- FIAF, the International Federation of Film Archives
- IASA, the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
- SEAPAVAA, the SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archive Association
- Open Isn’t Enough (= “No Time to Wait 5”) at the Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid in Hilversum, Netherlands, on 8–10 December 2021